Marketing your business is hard work. It requires you to critically examine who you are, what makes you different from the competition, and how to present yourself in a professional manner. In addition to creating a brand identity, you need to choose when and where to promote your products and services. Here are 10 Marketing Tips for Small Business from the folks at Vincent James:
1. Facebook – With more than one billion people active on Facebook worldwide, it’s no wonder the social network is a go-to for small businesses looking to get noticed. Even more, Facebook Ads Manager offers affordable, highly-customizable ad campaigns that can target users based on age, gender, geography, and more.
2. Google My Business (GMB) – Google My Business is a means of combining all of your businesses Google platforms into one defined location. This includes your Google+ profile, a marker on Google Maps, reviews from Google users, as well as the ability to analyze the data via Analytics!
Vincent James experts are hard at work utilizing these and MORE online marketing strategies for our clients. Learn more about Vincent James Services!
3. Google AdWords – With each passing second there are over 40,000 searches on Google. When someone is looking for a business or a product, they turn to the search giant. There is no better way for advertisers (other than a commercial during the Super Bowl) to get their name out in front of people than Google AdWords.
4. Content Marketing – Content marketing is the process of consistently creating and distributing insightful, applicable content through your website or social media. This is done to attract and maintain an audience interested in your product or services and drive profitable customer action. In other words, this means creating blogs and social media posts that link back to your website.
5. Organic Social Media – Using social media is a must if you want to get noticed in the 21st century. When a customer can’t find your business online via Facebook, Instagram, or Yelp (the list goes on) they WILL find your competition and opt for their product or service.
Find more tips and tricks from the online marketing professionals at Vincent James Blogs!
6. Coupon Sites – Similar to social media, coupon deal sites like Groupon quickly and creatively give your brand an appeal and drive customers to your door. These sites attract huge numbers of customers looking for deals as well as new products and services. Bring them in with an attractive deal and then blow them away once they come through the door!
7. Email Marketing – Email marketing is an integral part of any small business marketing strategy as it creates a regular, cost-effective communication channel between you and your customers that serves to nurture relationships, push promotions, and highlight attractive deals.
8. Webinars – Webinars are a good way to get people to sign up for email lists and can also help build your credibility. People want to work with people that they trust, thus a webinar helps show people that you are both knowledgeable and personable.
9. Free Consultations – By offering free consultations or samples you can position yourself as someone with expertise and authority. Work on a 30-minute presentation that demonstrates what you stand for and why you are the best at what you do and if effective, customers will be banging down the door and telling all their friends!
10. Backlinking – Considered by most professionals a more advanced marketing technique, backlinking is the practice of placing your website and social media links on other online sites. Not only is this effective in driving customers to desired pages, but it also works to increase your page rank and visibility in such search engines as Yahoo, Google, and Bing.
Well, those are our 10 Marketing Tips for Small Business. What do you think? When it comes to marketing, it takes a consistent, comprehensive approach. No one avenue will deliver enough traffic to sustain, let alone grow your business. Employ several of these strategies simultaneously for best results!